- Practice Information
- Services Offered by the Practice
- Linked Services
- Repeat Prescriptions and Appointments
- Register with the Practice
- Downloadable Documents
- Other Services in Norwich
- Patients Charter
- Information Management and Confidentiality
- Complaints and Comments
- What to do in time of bereavement
- Zero Tolerance Policy
- Website Terms and Conditions
- Job Vacancies
- Self Help
- Mile End Road Surgery
- Tuckswood Surgery
- Gurney Surgery
- Health A to Z
If death occurs at home:
- Telephone the doctor. He or she will advise of next steps to take.
- Contact the Funeral Director
- Collect the death certificate from the surgery (please telephone first so that it will be ready)
If death occurs at the hospital:
- Contact the Funeral Director to inform them that their services will be needed
In all cases of death:
- Take the death certificate to the registrar’s office for the area the death occurred. Also take the deceased medical card and birth certificate, if available.
- Take the green form (Certificate for Burial or Cremation) to the Funeral Director who will take over the organisation of the funeral.
The Government Website www.direct.gov.uk provides a range of helpful information. Key in ‘bereavement’ in the search box and this will lead you to:
- Registering a death
- What to do after a death
- Benefits, property and money
- Wills and probate.
Subscribe to eNewsletter
Enter your email address below to receive Practice updates by email.
Enter Word Verification in box below
Designed by GenPra| Websites for GP Practices.